HellishDollars

HellishDollars

AdBrite Banner

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Laverty not giving up


In a season of high drama in WSS maybe the most memorable sight will be that of Eugene Laverty falling and then restarting at the recent Magny-Cours race.


He is now a tantalising 19 points behind Cal Crutchlow, thanks to scoring a trio of points in France, keeping his championship hopes, alive, if barely so. He is not out of it in his own eyes, despite his disappointment at entering the final round so far back, having taken a tactical risk on France.


"I wanted to put Lascorz between Cal and me but the fuel load had dropped and it caught me out," said Laverty of his fall. "Usually I have a few warnings and put more weight on the front but this time I had none and down I went. I got back on but the right lower fairing was dragging through the corners and slowing me down on the straights. I am not hurt but I am disappointed, however, it is not over yet and now we will go to our home track at Portimao and we have got to win either-way - who knows what will happen. We still have a shot at the title and want to win at our home circuit in Portugal."


The arithmetic is simple now. Laverty has to score second and have Crutchlow no score in Portugal to win the overall title - or he has to win and have Crutchlow score only five points or less to win overall. A points tie in Portimao would give the title to Crutchlow, as he will have a superior win tally, no matter who takes victory in Portugal.

Source: http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news.html

1 comment: